BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Coming off a come-from-behind win over WKU on Tuesday night, the University of Evansville baseball team team travels to Bloomington, Ind. for a three-game series with Indiana on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
|Evansville at Indiana | Fri., Sat., and Sun., March 25-27|
|Site | Location||Bart Kaufman Field | Bloomington, Ind.|
|Links||Friday, 4 PM (CT) | Live Stats | B1G+
Saturday, 1 PM (CT) | Live Stats | B1G+
Sunday, Noon (CT) | Live Stats | B1G+
|Follow the Aces||Baseball Site | Twitter ||
Previewing the Matchup: Indiana
- The Aces and Hoosiers are meeting for the 48th time when the two sides battle on Friday evening with Indiana owning a 29-18 advantage in the all-time series.
- The last time the two sides met, Evansville captured a 5-4 win over Indiana on opening night of German American Bank Field on March 10, 2020 in the last game before the COVID-19 pandemic for both teams.
- Both sides enter the weekend series with 8-12 records as the Aces captured a come-from behind 9-8 victory over WKU on Tuesday night on the road and Indiana dropped three of four to Xavier last weekend.
- On Wednesday night, Evansville battled back from a late 7-4 deficit on the road at Western Kentucky.
- The Aces scored five runs in the ninth, capped-off by a three-run go-ahead homer from Chase Hug, helping UE capture a 9-8 win.
Rumsey on the Charge
- A highly coveted addition to the Aces roster this season, freshman outfielder Ty Rumsey has begun to find his footing.
- After getting his rhythm, Rumsey has begun to show his potential, sitting fourth on the team with a .283 average and generating seven walks.
Craig Eyes Career Record
- In his four seasons with the Aces, Tanner Craig has proven to be one of the most impactful hitters in the MVC.
- Craig enters the week just three home runs shy of the Evansville program record, set by Jeff Starks in 1982 with 40 homers.
- Craig currently sits in a tie for second in program history with 37 homers, hitting seven so far this season.