Vanderburgh County Commissioners Thank Vanderburgh County Council for Their Support and Vote to Appropriate the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Coronavirus Local Recovery Fund Utilization Plan Funds
EVANSVILLE, IN. (August 17, 2022) – The Vanderburgh County Commissioners would like to extend their appreciation to the Vanderburgh County Council for their support and vote to appropriate the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Coronavirus Local Recovery Fund Utilization Plan funds.
The Approved Projects Include:
1. Evansville Museum of Arts, History, and Science – $201,667.00
2. Children’s Museum of Evansville – $201,667.00
3. Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra – $201,666.00
4. Wesselman Woods Nature Preserve – $135,000.00
5. Evansville African American Museum – $100,000.00
6. The Reitz Home Preservation Society, Inc. – $100,000.00
7. Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana – $60,000.00
8. Judicial Hearing Chambers – $1,800,000.00
9. County Clerk Office Renovation – $1,200,000.00
A direct result of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding Vanderburgh County received, these projects include assistance to non-profits that aid impacted industries such as tourism, travel, and hospitiality. This funding will also allow for upgrades and/or renovation of the Civic Center Complex for the addition of a judicial hearing room and expanded County Clerk office space. Once again, the Commissioners would like to thank Council for this appropriation.