University Of Southern Indiana Reports Growth First-Year Graduate Students


Entering First-Year Class Boasts Record-High Grade Point Average

For the first time since 2017, the University of Southern Indiana has grown in new, first-time freshman students. 1,327 such students are part of the incoming USI Class of 2025, representing a 3.2% increase over the previous year, and are entering with a record overall average high school cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4-point scale.

Graduate enrollment at USI also rose 4.5% over Fall 2020, marking the sixth consecutive year of growth for Graduate Studies. Of the 1,845 graduate students at USI, more than 1,680 are choosing programs that are offered exclusively online, such as the accelerated Master of Business Administration (MBA) Program offered by the Romain College of Business.

“The faculty and staff have worked exceptionally hard to demonstrate that USI is where all students can be inspired, have their passions ignited and achieve at the highest level,” said Ronald S. Rochon, USI President. “Our newest students are already achieving at record high academic potential, and we can’t wait for the impact of their exceptional USI education to see where they go from here.”

In total, joint graduate and undergraduate enrollment totaling 7,938 is down 6.7% compared to the Fall 2020 Semester. The Class of 2025 also features 461 new first-time transfer students, representing growth of 2.2% over Fall 2020. Overall undergraduate enrollment is 6,093.

“We continue to learn about how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting students and higher education as a whole,” said Dr. Mohammed Khayum, Provost. “As we gradually return to more normal operations, we are optimistic that the areas of growth mentioned will provide us with opportunities for expansion and continued growth going forward.”

Total enrollment at the University of Southern Indiana, combining graduate, undergraduate and dual credit students taking courses in 27 high schools across the state through the College Achievement Program, is 9,758.

Students at USI represent 90 Indiana counties, 45 states and 45 countries. In-state students comprise 78.7% of the student body, with out-of-state and international students making up the remaining 21.3%. Minority and international student numbers grew to a record 15.9% of the student population.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here