SPONSORED BY DEFENSE ATTORNEY IVAN ARNAEZ.
DON’T GO TO COURT ALONE. CALL IVAN ARNAEZ @ 812-424-6671.
Last night at approximately 10:00, Sergeant Kevin Brown noticed three subjects standing near a disabled vehicle in the roadway on 10th Avenue near Delaware in Evansville. When Brown approached the vehicle and the subjects an odor of burnt marijuana was detected. Kandace Kooley, 19, of Evansville, was driving the vehicle before it became disabled. Her two passengers were identified as Matthew Smith, 27, and Megan Kidwell, 20, also from Evansville. Trooper Seth Rainey and his K-9, Teague, were close by and responded to assist. The K-9 later alerted to the presence of narcotics. A searched revealed a small amount of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and a Schedule III Controlled Substance. Smith was arrested and taken to the Vanderburgh County Jail. He was later released after posting bond. Kooley and Kidwell were cited and released.
Arrested and Charges:
• Matthew Smtih, 27, Evansville, IN
1. Possession of a Schedule III Controlled Substance, Level 6 Felony
2. Open Alcohol Container Violation, Class C Infraction
• Kandace Kooley, , Evansville, IN (Cited and Released)
1. Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misdemeanor
2. Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
• Megan Kidwell, , Evansville, IN (Cited and Released)
1. Possession of Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor