EVANSVILLE POLICE MERIT COMMISSION
Monday, November 22, 2021
4:00 p.m. Room 307, Civic Center Complex
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- An executive session will be held prior to the open session.
- The executive session is closed as provided by:
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5): To receive information about and interview prospective employees.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9): To discuss a job performance evaluation of individual employees. This subdivision does not apply to a discussion of the salary, compensation, or benefits of employees during a budget process.
- OPEN SESSION:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- November 8, 2021 (Hamilton and Scott)
- APPROVAL OF CLAIMS
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER UPDATE:
- Officers in the Field Training Program.
- Officers in SWILEA
- 21-PO-21A – Officer Ronald Harper, Badge Number 1448 – 21 day suspension with recommendation of termination (Appeal filed by counsel on August 17th) –
Hearing was stayed from October 25th meeting pending Police Pension Board action.
- PROMOTIONAL PROCESS:
- Certification of the Captain promotional list of 4 candidates to be effective January 17, 2022 to June 25, 2024.
- MERIT AWARD RECOMMENDATION:
- Officer Mike Jolly – for actions taken while off-duty on October 25th regarding an armed subject.
- Officer Tyler Maier, Badge Number 1488, resigned effective November 15, 2021 after serving 1 year, 10 months, and 9 days.
- REMINDERS: The next meeting will be Monday, December 13th at 4:00pm.