EVANSVILLE POLICE MERIT COMMISSION
Monday, August 23, 2021
4:00 p.m. Room 307, Civic Center Complex
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- An executive session will be held prior to the open session.
- The executive session is closed as provided by:
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5): To receive information about and interview prospective employees.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9): To discuss a job performance evaluation of individual employees. This subdivision does not apply to a discussion of the salary, compensation, or benefits of employees during a budget process.
- OPEN SESSION:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- August 9, 2021 (Cook, Scott, and Hamilton)
- APPROVAL OF CLAIMS
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER UPDATE:
- Officers in the Field Training Program.
- Final Merit Commission interview for probationary officer Mason Siegel who has completed the Field Training Program to become merit officer.
- APPLICANT PROCESS:
- Certification of scores from 13 applicants who completed the selection process on August 11, 2021. These scores will be added to the current eligibility list and will be good for one year from certification.
- Applicant 21-156
- 21-PO-19 – Officer John Montgomery, Badge Number 1337 – Written Reprimand (No appeal filed).
- 21-PO-20 – Officer John Porter, Badge Number 1403 – Written Reprimand (No appeal filed).
- 21-PO-21A – Officer Ronald Harper, Badge Number 1448 – 21 day suspension with recommendation of termination (Appeal filed by counsel on August 17th) – Set matter for hearing.
- REMINDERS: The next meeting will be Monday, September 13th at 4:00pm.