EVANSVILLE POLICE MERIT COMMISSION
Monday, October 26, 2020
4:00 p.m. Room 307, Civic Center Complex
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- An executive session and a closed hearing will be held prior to the open session.
- The executive session and hearing are closed as provided by:
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5): To receive information about and interview prospective employees.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9): To discuss a job performance evaluation of individual employees. This subdivision does not apply to a discussion of the salary, compensation, or benefits of employees during a budget process.
- OPEN SESSION:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- October 12, 2020 (Cook, Scott, and Hamilton)
- APPROVAL OF CLAIMS
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER UPDATE:
- Officers in the Field Training Program.
- Officers in SWILEA.
- PENDING DISCIPLINARY MATTERS:
- 20-PO-11 – Corporal Tony Mayhew, Badge Number 773, 21-day suspension. Appeal filed and hearing set for November 9th. Subpoenas were due October 12th. Subpoena objection heard October 26th.
- 20-PO-12 – Officer Jarid Harris, Badge Number 1306, 21-day suspension. Appeal filed and set for counsel progress report on October 26th.
- PROMOTIONAL PROCESS:
- Approval of written testing date accommodations for Sergeant Candidates 4828 and 1076.
- Corporal William Braun, Badge Number 767, retiring effective January 19, 2021 after serving 32 years, 4 months, and 18 days.
- Officer Eric Middendorf, Badge Number 1087, retiring effective January 19, 2021 after serving 32 years, 1 month, and 18 days.
- REMINDERS: The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, November 9, 2020 at 4:00pm.