EVANSVILLE POLICE MERIT COMMISSION
Monday, September 28, 2020
4:00 p.m. Room 307, Civic Center Complex
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- An executive session and a closed hearing will be held prior to the open session.
- The executive session and hearing are closed as provided by:
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5): To receive information about and interview prospective employees.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9): To discuss a job performance evaluation of individual employees. This subdivision does not apply to a discussion of the salary, compensation, or benefits of employees during a budget process.
- OPEN SESSION:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- September 14, 2020 (Cook and Scott)
- APPROVAL OF CLAIMS
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER UPDATE:
- Sergeant Steve Kleeman reports on the officers in SWILEA and Field Training Program.
- PENDING DISCIPLINARY MATTERS:
- 20-PO-11 – Corporal Tony Mayhew, Badge Number 773, 21-day suspension. Appeal filed and hearing set for November 9th.
- 20-PO-12 – Officer Jarid Harris, Badge Number 1306, 21-day suspension. Appeal filed and set for counsel progress report on October 26th.
- APPLICANT PROCESS:
- Set Merit Commission interview dates and number of interviews for current applicant process.
- PROMOTIONAL PROCESS:
- Certify the 2020 Lieutenant promotional list to be effective from September 11, 2020 to September 10, 2022.
- COMMISSION ADMINISTRATIVE MATTERS:
- Establish Commission meeting dates, time, and location for 2021 calendar year meetings.
- REMINDERS: The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, October 12, 2020 at 4:00pm.