OCTOBER 13TH, 2021
Building Commission –
David Ballew Police Department –
Chief Billy Bolin
Transportation & Services –
Todd Robertson Fire Department –
Chief Mike Connelly
City Engineer’s Office – Brent Schmitt
~ Pledge of Allegiance ~
Business with Representatives:
A. Police Department – Captain Karla Larmore
B. Fire Department – Division Chief Michael Larson
C. Building Commission – David Ballew
1. Request approval to award the following:
a. 1023 N FOURTH AVENUE – RAZE (DEMOLISH) HOUSE – LOW BIDDER STEMALY EXCAVATING – $5,763.00
b. 700 E OREGON STREET – RAZE (DEMOLISH) HOUSE – LOW BIDDER VELPEN – $6,450.00
c. 707 E GUM STREET – RAZE (DEMOLISH) HOUSE – LOW BIDDER STEMALY EXCAVATING – $6,821.00
2. Request approval to award the following (under advisement August 11th, 2021):
a. 782 S. GOVERNOR STREET – The two lowest bidders withdrew their bids. The next bid was $10,000.00 which included asbestos siding.
D. Transportation & Services – Todd Robertson
E. Special Event Permit – Sgt. Adam Will
1. AceCARE requests approval for the ‘ACE RACE SKELE-FUN RUN 2021’ beginning October 30th, 2021 from 7:00 a.m. and noon. Closing Walnut Street between Weinbach Avenue & Rotherwood Avenue. ***BARRICADES REQUESTED, PENDING INSURANCE APPROVAL***
2. University of Evansville requests approval for the ‘HOMECOMING/ALUMNI DAY’ beginning October 30th, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closing Main Street between Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd & 6th Street. ***BARRICADES REQUESTED***
3. University of Evansville Student Activities Board requests approval for the ‘HOMECOMING (ON CAMPUS)’ beginning October 29th, 2021 from noon to 7:00 p.m. Closing Walnut Street between Rotherwood Avenue & Weinbach Avenue; Fredrick Street between Walnut Street & entrance of parking lot. ***BARRICADES REQUESTED***
4. EPD Foundation requests approval for the ‘EPD FOUNDATION SWAT CHALLENGE’ beginning May 6th, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. and continuing to May 7th, 2022 at 4:00 p.m. Closing Riverside Drive between Court Street & Cherry Street. Closing intersections of 2nd/Vine, 2nd/Sycamore, 2nd/Main, 2nd/Locust, 2nd/Walnut, & 2nd/Chestnut. ***BARRICADES REQUESTED, PENDING INSURANCE APPROVAL***
5. Myriad Brewing Company requests approval for the ‘COUSIN’S MAINE LOBSTER BLOCK PARTY’ beginning October 15th, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. and continuing until October 16th, 2021 11:00 p.m. Closing SE 1st Street between Locust Street & Walnut Street.
6. Myriad Brewing Company requests approval for the ‘OUTDOOR XPRESS RIDES WITH CYCLEBAR’ beginning October 22nd, 2021 from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Closing SE First Street between Locust Street & McCurdy building parking lot.
A. Road Closure/Lane Restriction/Temporary Sidewalk
1. Courthouse Catacombs, Phil Wolter, requests approval to close a portion of the sidewalk at the Old Courthouse (4th Street & Vine Street) beginning Thursday through Sunday (Thurs. 4:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., Friday/Saturday 4:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m., Sunday 4:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.) for crowd control of the haunted house. Emergency Personnel will be able to pass through.
2. O’Risky Excavating requests approval to restrict the southbound lanes of Green River Road between Washington Avenue to 1015 S. Green River Road (Long John Silvers Restaurant) beginning October 18th, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to investigate a fiber optic & gas lines prior to sewer tap.
3. O’Risky Excavating requests approval to restrict the northbound lanes of Green River Road between Washington Avenue and Raben Tire beginning October 19th, 2021 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for sewer tap.
4. S & S Tree Masters, Kevin Scott, requests approval to close Bellemeade Avenue between Fares Avenue & Kerth Avenue beginning Tuesday, October 19th, 2021 from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to cut down two (2) trees at 1116 Bellemeade Avenue. Rain Date: Thursday, October 21st.
B. Truck Permit
1. Request approval for the following:
a. T.S.F. Company, Inc. Route: Riverside Drive to Waterworks Road to Ohio Street or Lloyd Expressway Return Route: Same roads Duration: November 1st, 2021 – October 31st, 2022
C. Dumpster In the Street Permit
1. Request approval for the following:
a. 1101 Judson Street Vertical Contracting – Carlis Falls October 8th, 2021 – October 22nd, 2021 Home Clean Out
b. 711 Bayard Park Drive Kendra Kimbrew September 27th, 2021 – September 30th, 2021 Home Clean Out
c. 1325 SE 2nd Street Shirley Schmied/Greg Givens September 30th, 2021 – October 11th, 2021 Home Clean Out
d. 1400 S Bedford Avenue Jarrod Terrell October 12th, 2021 – October 22nd, 2021 Home Remodel
e. 1620 Jackson Avenue Benny Detalente September 29th, 2021 – October 6th, 2021 Home Clean Out
f. 2305 E Chandler Roaway – Brennan Schenk October 6th, 2021 – October 11th, 2021 Remodel
D. Handicap Parking
1. Request approval to remove the following:
a. 517 N Lemcke Avenue Vernon Herman Passed 2014
2. Request approval for the following:
a. 811 E Chandler Avenue Bonnie Fox Property has ample space for handicap parking space.
b. 20 West Louisiana Street Nevaeh Williams Property has ample space for handicap parking space.
E. Parking Permit
1. YMCA Matthew Gray Trailer – White Location: Parking Lot (Shirley James Monneut) Duration: September 30th, 2021 – October 2nd, 2021 Trailer- Silver Location: Cedar Street (near Greenway) Duration: September 30th, 2021 – October 2nd, 2021
1. Approve claims.
2. Approve the minutes from Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021.
Next Meeting, Wednesday, October 27th, 2021.
Adjourned: __________ _______