This memo was sent yesterday to members of the Evansville City Council by their Legal Counsel, Joshua Claybourn.
DEAR CITY COUNCIL MEMBERS;
I’ve attached all of the budget amendments that I’ve received so far and had a brief summary below. Please review any that you are sponsoring as soon as possible in order to let me know if you have any changes.
- Amendment 1 (Weaver): This amendment calls for a $3 million cut from the budget to line items designated and specified by the administration. If this amendment passes, the Council tables final passage of a budget until October 22nd in order to allow the administration to identify and propose its specific cuts.
- Amendment 2 (McGinn & Elpers): This proposes cutting the City’s $130,000 contract with New Hope for a Highway 41 bus service.
- Amendment 3 (McGinn): This proposes reducing the grant to the Affordable Housing Trust Fund from $500,000 to $100,000.
- Amendment 4 (Adams): This holds in abeyance the grant to the Affordable Housing Trust Fund allocation from $500,000 to $0 until City Council has received the Affordable Housing Trust Fund’s first two quarterly financial reports in 2019 for review and approval. After such approval, the City Council will entertain a new appropriation of $500,000 for the Fund.
- Amendment 5 (McGinn & Elpers): This proposes cutting all non-profit grants by 25% except for I-69 Bridgelink and UNOE.
- Amendment 5A (Mercer): This proposes cutting all non-profit grants by 25% except for I-69 Bridgelink, UNOE, Leadership Evansville, and SWIRCA.
- Amendment 6 (Elpers): This amendment reduces the City’s contribution to employee health insurance premiums by $10.00 per month ($120 per year) for each employee, which will have the effect of requiring employees to increase their share of health insurance premiums by $10.00 per month ($120 per year). This would not apply to Teamsters since they are on their own health insurance plan.
FOOTNOTE: The above amendments shall be discussed at Mondays City Council meeting and are subject to changes as deemed by City Council members.