Customers Encouraged To Service Air Conditioners; Reminded Of Rebates For High-Efficiency Cooling Systems
Evansville, Ind. – With the rising temperatures and increasing humidity, Vectren is reminding customers to have a training heating and air professional perform routine maintenance on their air conditioning systems to improve efficiency and comfort. Customers should maintain their cooling system to prevent future problems and unwanted costs.
“Undoubtedly, many customers will turn to their air conditioners this week as temperatures push the upper 80s,” said Brad Ellsworth, president of Vectren Energy Delivery South. “As we enter the cooling season, we encourage customers to properly maintain their air conditioning systems to ensure they perform optimally during the summer months.”
According to www.energystar.gov, routine maintenance check-ups should include the following actions to ensure your house or business stays cool:
Check thermostat settings to ensure your cooling system keeps you comfortable when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors.
- Lubricate all moving parts to reduce friction in motors, which increases the amount of electricity used.
- Check controls of the system to ensure proper and safe operation.
- Regularly clean and/or replace your air conditioner filter to help your unit run at full efficiency and supply better air flow.
- Clear leaves and other debris away from your air conditioner’s condensing unit on the outside of your home and hose off any accumulated dirt.
- Check your air conditioner’s refrigerant level – too much or too little will make your system less efficient and reduce the life of the equipment.
- Clean and adjust blower components to reduce problems with air flow, which can also make your system run less efficiently.
Vectren offers several energy efficiency and rebate programs for residential and business customers, including cash rebates for residential customers of $200 to $400 for a high-efficiency central air conditioning unit, depending on the SEER level, and heat pumps. Learn more about Vectren’s programs at www.vectren.com/savings or call 866-240-8476.
Vectren Corporation (NYSE: VVC) is an energy holding company headquartered in Evansville, Ind.
Vectren’s energy delivery subsidiaries provide gas and/or electricity to more than 1 million customers in adjoining service territories that cover nearly two-thirds of Indiana and about 20 percent of Ohio, primarily in the west-central area. Vectren’s nonutility subsidiaries and affiliates currently offer energy-related products and services to customers throughout the U.S. These include infrastructure services and energy services. To learn more about Vectren, visit www.vectren.com.