(Fort Wayne, IN) – The Indiana State Police is currently accepting applications for a civilian Forensic Scientist IV, Drug Identification Unit at the Fort Wayne Regional Laboratory (FWRL).
Forensic Scientist IV- Drug Chemistry Unit (Vacancy# 2022077):
This is an entry level position that will support the Laboratory Division’s Drug Analysis Unit. Successful applicants should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a natural science, Chemistry, or Forensic Science.
- Must have completed a minimum of one semester of Physics and Analytical Chemistry/Instrumental Methods; plus one year of the following courses: General and Organic Chemistry, including lecture and associated laboratory classes.
- Basic knowledge of the theory and practical operation of a variety of scientific instrumentation and analytical techniques.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with both scientific and nonscientific personnel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Pay starts at $46,709.00 per year. **Starting salary for this position may be adjusted for education, experience, and training.
*Applications must be submitted electronically online, with a deadline of May 2, 2022 at 11:59pm.
For more information on these positions and to apply, visit https://www.in.gov/isp/3627.htm or contact Brandon P. Lowe, Personnel Officer for the Indiana State Police Human Resources Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 232-8238.