SPONSORED BY KRUCKEMEYER & COHN.  YOUR LIFETIME JEWELER.

CALL BRENT BEAMAN @ 812-476-5122.

Yesteryear

Mesker Amphitheatre By Pat Sides

The scaffolding in front of the entrance gate was used to install a sign identifying the new Mesker Amphitheatre in 1952. In the early 1930s,...

Hose House No. 8 by Pat Sides

Although this photo was shot in 1920, the building is still recognizable. Hose House No. 8 was erected at 913 West Columbia in 1878,...

Faultless Caster Company by Pat Sides

This photo of the Faultless Caster Company was probably taken shortly after the new three-story brick office building (left) was constructed in 1819, at...

YESTERYEAR: Evansville Police Department by Pat Sides

A lone officer stands in the doorway of the police department around the year 1900 when it was located at 312-314 Walnut Street. Two decades...

Blount Plow Works by PAT SIDES

The Blount Plow Works was organized in 1867 in a small shop in downtown Evansville. The city’s economy and the population exploded in the aftermath...

Orphan Asylum by Pat Sides

In the aftermath of the Civil War, Americans began to address the plight of the many orphans it produced. Elizabeth Sinzich, an Evansville resident,...

Igleheart Brothers, Inc. By Pat Sides

This view of the Igleheart Brothers plant is dated August 1951, soon after the massive grain storage elevators in the center of the photo...

Evansville Supply Company by Pat Sides

This view of Pennsylvania Street looks east towards First Avenue and Willard Park in the early 1960s. On the right is the Evansville Supply...

Yesteryear: F. W. Cook Brewing Company

F. W. Cook Brewing Company By PAT SIDES When Frederick Washington Cook built his brewery in the 1850s, he needed space. Bounded by Seventh, Sycamore,...

Wabash Valley Motor Company

The Wabash Valley Motor Company moved to this new building at Eighth and Walnut streets in 1920, signaling a new direction in Evansville’s economy...

Parsons-Scoville Building BY PAT SIDES

When the Parsons & Scoville Building opened on January 1, 1908, an Evansville newspaper reported that 10,000 visitors attended the festivities, with coffee, sandwiches,...

Johann Funeral Home BY Pat Sides

YESTERYEAR BY PAT SIDES In this 1950s image, the white hearse hints at the original function of the buildings on Garfield stretching between Illinois and...

Stewart Udall Visits Evansville by Pat Sides

In this photo, which was autographed by Stewart Udall, the nation’s Secretary of the Interior is greeted by several women when he arrived at...

Joe Cook by Pat Sides

In the 1920s and 1930s, entertainer Joe Cook was a household name, although his multi-faceted talent is now largely forgotten. Born in 1890 as...

Seventh and Main Streets by Pat Sides

This view of a construction project in the block south of Seventh and Main streets has been totally transformed since the photo was taken...

YESTERYEAR: L & N Depot

Yesteryear By Pat Sides This stately limestone building was a landmark on South Fulton Avenue for many decades. Built in 1902, the depot is seen...

YESTERYEAR-CEDAR HALL SCHOOL

YESTERYEAR-Cedar Hall School by Pat Sides The origins of Cedar Hall School can be traced back to 1892, when the imposing building with the soaring tower...

Agoga Tabernacle BY PAT SIDES

  The Agoga Tabernacle was located on the northeast corner of Fourth and Cherry streets from 1923 to 1967, when it was razed to make...

YESTERYEAR BY PAT SIDES: RIVERFRONT ICE GORGE OF 1936

RIVERFRONT ICE GORGE OF 1936 Submitted by PAT SIDES The Ohio River has overflowed its banks many times throughout Evansville’s history, with the worst episode occurring in...

YESTERYEAR BY PAT SIDES

SALMS CLOTHING STORE The northeast corner of Fourth and Main was home to the locally-owned Salm’s clothing store, which was still thriving when this photo...