North Side Bank and Theater
by Pat Sides of Willard Library
Constructed in 1913 at 100 North Main Street, this building has served as a financial institution throughout its entire history, but in the first decade after it opened, the building also housed a small theater. The North Side Bank originally occupied the south section, and a separate canopied entrance (seen here c. 1918) led to the North Side Theater, one of two small theaters in the Jacobsville neighborhood in the early twentieth century. The signs advertise “moving pictures” and vaudeville acts, which could be viewed for a nickel. In 1950, two years after the bank merged with Old National Bank, remodeling altered the building’s front windows and added a limestone façade, which is still intact today.