Editor’s Note: The following message was sent via email from USI President Dr. Ronald Rochon to USI students, employees and retirees on Friday, May 15 following two webinar sessions featuring updates and preliminary recommendations from three of the presidential task force’s core committees.
I’ve recorded a short video for our campus community that provides a summary of the ongoing work of the University of Southern Indiana’s task force on COVID-19 as we move toward a finalized plan for our safe and orderly return to campus.
With safety at the core of decision making, I am outlining five immediate action items:
- The earliest campus will reopen is Monday, July 6, 2020.
- Fall Term 2020 will be a mix of in-person and online instruction.
- Any employee or student who tests positive for COVID-19 must self-report. Employees are to contact Amy J. Miller in Human Resources email@example.com. Students are to contact the Dean of Students office firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to facilitate care for one another upon return to campus, all employees and students should actively social distance, practice good hand hygiene and are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering when on campus.
- Children will not be permitted on campus until further notice. As previously communicated, all summer camps have been cancelled.
Earlier today, Friday, May 15, the task force presented its full list of preliminary recommendations to me and to our campus community, outlining a detailed plan that lays the foundation for much work that will be done in the coming days and weeks.
Until we are able to be together again, I ask that you stay safe, stay positive, continue to collaborate and to show each other grace. We will continue to get through this together.