The photo of these budding ballerinas was probably taken soon after the Hodgini School of Dance opened in 1953 in the first block of Main Street. The school was founded and operated by the husband-and-wife team of Marian and Albert Hodgini, Jr. Mr. Hodgini, a native Hoosier, was born into a celebrated family of circus performers whose troupe was inducted into the International Circus Hall of Fame in 1981. In addition to various genres of dancing, Hodgini’s classes expanded to gymnastics, ice skating, and other related activities. In the late 1950s, the school moved to 2040 Division Street, where it remained until the business was sold in 1987. A few weeks later, the site re-opened as Jan’s School of Dance.