This view of Pennsylvania Street looks east towards First Avenue and Willard Park in the early 1960s. On the right is the Evansville Supply Company, which sat at the busy intersection for decades.
The firm was incorporated in 1908, and the building seen here was erected in 1913, one of about 320 factories operating in Evansville around this time. ESCO manufactured factory, mill and mine supplies, and by 1929 it claimed to be the largest such factory in the state.
In 1967, a Milwaukee firm purchased the company, and suspected arson sealed the old building’s fate in early 1984 when it was being demolished to make way for the new expressway.