This building, which still stands at 7-11 NW Fifth Street, has housed a variety of tenants over the years, most recently Lic’s Deli & Ice Cream. It was constructed in 1910 after a fire destroyed the Main Street plant of the Journal-News, one of several newspapers published in Evansville then. The Journal-News was the first occupant of the building and published there for about a decade. By this time, the public library system, whose central office had been located in the Coliseum since 1917, was expanding rapidly. In 1924, the library relocated to the former Journal-News plant on Fifth Street, where it operated until a larger facility opened at Fifth and Locust in 1932.