EVANSVILLE POLICE MERIT COMMISSION
Monday, July 22, 2019
4:00 p.m. Room 307, Civic Center Complex
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- An executive session and a closed hearing will be held prior to the open session.
- The executive session and hearing are closed as provided by:
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5): To receive information about and interview prospective employees.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9): To discuss a job performance evaluation of individual employees. This subdivision does not apply to a discussion of the salary, compensation, or benefits of employees during a budget process.
- OPEN SESSION:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- June 10, 2019 (Cook, Scott, and Hamilton)
- July 8, 2019 (Cook and Hamilton)
- APPROVAL OF CLAIMS
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER UPDATE
- Sgt. Steve Kleeman reports on the officers in the field-training program.
- Sgt. Brian Talsma reports on the 14 officers in SWILEA.
- 19-PO-12, Officer Jeff Worthington, Badge Number 1189, 2-day suspension (no appeal)
- 19-PO-14, Officer Matthew Taylor, Badge Number 1397, written reprimand (no appeal)
- Officer Raymond Holden, Badge Number 1335, resigning effective August 15, 2019 after serving 11 years and 4 months.
- REMINDERS: The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 12, 2019 at 4:00pm.