EVANSVILLE POLICE MERIT COMMISSION
Monday, July 8, 2019
3:00 p.m. Room 307, Civic Center Complex
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- An executive session and a closed hearing will be held prior to the open session.
- The executive session and hearing are closed as provided by:
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5): To receive information about and interview prospective employees.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9): To discuss a job performance evaluation of individual employees. This subdivision does not apply to a discussion of the salary, compensation, or benefits of employees during a budget process.
- OPEN SESSION:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- June 10, 2019 (Cook, Scott, and Hamilton)
- APPROVAL OF CLAIMS
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER UPDATE
- Sgt. Steve Kleeman reports on the officers in the field-training program.
- Final probationary interviews for Officers Zach Oxford, Alanna Tabor, John Forston, Abbi Fahse, Jacob Hassler, Sam Shahine, Jared Reidford, Seth Gorman, Joe Harter, James Beard, Steven Brown, and Brandon Carpenter
- 19-PO-08, Officer Ray Smith, Badge Number 1402, 1-day suspension (no appeal)
- 19-PO-09, Officer Cody Smith, Badge Number 1434, 1-day suspension (no appeal)
- 19-PO-13, Sergeant John McQuay, Badge Number 5176, Written Reprimand (no appeal)
- Officer Jeff Hales, Badge Number 1224, retired effective July 2, 2019 after serving 20 years, 2 months, and 12 days.
- Sergeant Richard Blanton, Badge Number 5129, retired effective July 6, 2019 after serving 27 years, 3 months, and 9 days.
- Deputy Chief Joyce Molinet, Badge Number 0211, retiring effective September 1, 2019, after serving 35 years and 18 days.
- REMINDERS: The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, July 22, 2019 at 4:00pm.