Last night Indiana State Police initiated a criminal investigation after receiving information that illegal drug activity was occurring at an Evansville residence located at 1514 Irvington Avenue. When Indiana State Police and Vanderburgh County Sheriff’s Deputies arrived at the residence they were met by the homeowner, Michael Weidner, 53. A brief investigation revealed Weidner had allegedly purchased one-pound of marijuana earlier in the evening. During a search of Weidner’s property, officers found numerous bags of marijuana, numerous baggies used for distribution, scales, drug paraphernalia, nine long barrel guns and two handguns. The amount of suspected marijuana seized weighed approximately 595 grams. All the weapons were also seized. Weidner is currently being held without bond in the Vanderburgh County Jail. This is an on-going investigation.
Arrested and Charges:
- Michael Weidner, 53, 1514 Irvington Avenue, Evansville, IN
- Dealing Marijuana, Class 6 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia with a Prior, Class A Misdemeanor
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Clas