Illinois State Police alerted area police last night that they were looking for a 2017 Nissan Murano driven by Victor Manuel Serrano, 39, of Wilmington, DE. Serrano was wanted out of Illinois for aggravated domestic battery. At approximately 8:20 p.m., Trooper Chase Eaton observed the vehicle and attempted to stop it on I-64 at SR 65. Serrano failed to stop and continued east on I-64 at speeds in excess of 100 mph. Serrano’s vehicle struck stop sticks that were deployed at the 20 mile-marker, but the vehicle continued east before exiting the interstate onto US 41 south and then west onto Rusher Creek. Serrano pulled into a truck parking lot and then crashed into another trooper’s patrol car before exiting his vehicle and fleeing on foot. Serrano had to be tased before taken into custody. Serrano was taken to the Vanderburgh County Jail where he is currently being held without bond.
Arrested and Charges:
- Victor Manuel Serrano, 39, Wilmington, DE
- Resisting Law Enforcement, Class 6 Felony
- Resisting Law Enforcement, Class A Misdemeanor
- Reckless Driving, Class B Misdemeanor
- Leaving the Scene of a Crash, Class B Misdemeanor
- Felony Warrant for Kidnapping and Aggravated Battery (Illinois)