Early this morning at approximately 1:30, Trooper Widner was patrolling US 41 near Veterans Memorial Parkway when he observed the driver of a 2000 Nissan following another vehicle too closely and failing to signal while merging onto I-69. The driver was identified as Lisa E. Douglas, 37, of Chandler. Douglas also had her one-year-old daughter in the vehicle with her. While conducting the traffic stop, Trooper Widner located a plastic bag containing heroin, a hypodermic needle containing heroin, methadone and drug paraphernalia. She was arrested and taken to the Vanderburgh County Jail where she is currently being held on bond. Her daughter was released to a family member.
Arrested and Charges:
- Lisa E. Douglas, 37, Chandler, IN
- Possession of Cocaine, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Hypodermic Syringe, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of a Schedule Drug, Class A Misdemeanor
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Class C Misdemeanor