New Upgrade Bike Share Location at Ivy Tech Community College
Noon, Oct. 9
Evansville Trails Coalition Upgrade Bike Share Location
Corner of Colonial and First Avenues, immediately adjacent to Ivy Tech to the north.
Background: Ivy Tech Community College Evansville Campus is the newest location for the Evansville Trails Coalition Upgrade Bike Share Program.
A celebration of the opening of this location, on the corner Colonial Avenue and First Avenue, adjacent to the Ivy Tech campus, is planned for noon on Tuesday, Oct. 9. The community is invited to attend. Refreshments and a limited supply of free passes will be provided.
Ivy Tech Chancellor Jonathan Weinzapfel said he is pleased to have Ivy Tech sponsor this location. “We want our students and the public to have access to this transportation option,” Weinzapfel said. “Not only is it easily accessible on the corner of First Avenue at our campus, but it also provides a healthy and less costly alternative to traveling around Evansville.”
To use the bikes, interested individuals need to Download the Zagster app and join the Upgrade Bike Share. Full information is available at bike.zagster.com/upgrade
- Find the bike number and enter it into the Zagster app to get an unlock code
- Enter the unlock code into the on-bike keypad.
- Use the bike as needed for $3 an hour. (monthly, annual, and annual student memberships available)
- Return the bike at the nearest Upgrade Zagster station.
- Lock the bike and place the docking cable into the port and tap “end ride” into the Zagster app.
- There are also options available to text message to ride the bike.
Since the Evansville Trails Coalition launched the program in 2016, the Upgrade Bike Share Program ridership has climbed steadily to more than 7,000 rides, with more than 3000 active members.
With this new location, Evansville now has eight bike locations: Ivy Tech, Evansville Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, Haynie’s Corner, downtown YMCA, Franklin Street West Library, North Main Street, University of Evansville and Deaconess Sports Park.