The University of Southern Indiana Multicultural Center will host the 2019 Phenomenal Women of USI and the Community recognition banquet at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 12 in Carter Hall, located in the University Center on the USI campus. Erika Taylor, CEO of the Evansville YWCA, will deliver remarks during the dinner.
Now in its 18th year, the Phenomenal Women program honors and celebrates women from all walks of life who have made contributions to diversity in the USI and Evansville communities. Through the annual recognition of these contributions, the Phenomenal Women program hopes to inspire others to embrace and promote diversity within their own lives.
The 2019 honorees are:
- Courtney Seitz, undergraduate student
- Aleisha Jones ’18, graduate student and billing coordinator in the Bursar’s Office
- Linda Lefler, senior administrative assistant in the Center for International Programs
- Virginia Thomas, administrative assistant for Art and Design (posthumous recognition)
- Gabriela Mustata Wilson, associate professor of health informatics and chair of Health Informatics and Information Management
- Sherry (Meeks) Schneider ’87, SVP-Operational Risk Director at Old National Bancorp
- Jamie Robey ’11 M’14, associate resources generalist at MetroNet
- Constance Robinson-Blair, owner of HMR Enterprises and Evansville City Council representative
- Tamara Skinner M’00, principal at Glenwood Leadership Academy
- Gina Videa Alvarez, international admissions coordinator for the Center for International Programs
Tickets are $10 for USI faculty and staff, as well as members of the public, and $5 for USI students and all children. Tickets are available online at USI.edu/mcc. For more information, contact Julia Gangala at 812-465-7188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.