Students representing 95.7 The Spin, the University of Southern Indiana student-run radio station, received seven awards in the 2017 College Broadcasters, Incorporated (CBI) National Student Production Awards at the CBI national convention in San Antonio, Texas, the most finalists of any school in the country.
The competition featured over 850 entries in 25 categories and consisted of content created by campus media outlets and for class credit.
“This is another great example of the hard work our students put in every day,” said John Morris, instructor of radio and television and faculty advisor for The Spin. “We really do reach for excellence so that upon graduation our students are prepared for radio or any other professional field. It is great to see the recognition that these students are receiving for the efforts they have put out, in and around their work.”
The students receiving awards from CBI were:
- Christie York – First Place in “Best Audio Newscast”
- Jevin Redman ’17 – First Place in “Best Audio Sports Play-by-Play”
- Tyler Cooper ’17 – First Place in “Best Audio DJ”
- Brandon Mendel and Tyler Cooper ’17 – First Place in “Best Station Imaging (Audio and Video)”
- Colin McDuffee and Riley Cornett – Third Place in “Best Audio DJ”
- Brandon Mendel – Third Place in “Best Audio Station Promo”
- Brandon Mendel – Third Place in “Best Video Documentary/Public Affairs”
For more information about The Spin, visit 957thespin.com or contact the station at 812-465-1665.