The University of Southern Indiana was named Top Radio School by the Indiana Association of School Broadcasters (IASB) at their annual conference in March in Indianapolis.
Students representing USI’s Radio and Television Program, as well as the student-run radio station 95.7 FM The Spin, were honored in individual and station categories. The Top Radio School award is determined by a point system based on first, second and third place awards in the individual categories.
Students receiving recognition at the IASB conference were:
- Will Huck and Cody Gard – First Place in Spot Production
- Noah Alatza – First Place in Radio Newscast
- Christie York – First Place in News Report, Second Place in Radio Newscast
- Colin McDuffee and Riley Cornett – First Place in Radio Show
- Emma Ulrich – First Place in Radio Copywriting
- Will Huck, Eli Eilliams, and Aaron Chatman – First Place in Radio Imaging
- Aaron Chatman, Raymond Kandal, Bailey Meenach and Christie York – Second Place in Spot Production
In additional to the IASB awards, Christie York and Noah Alatza received honors from the Indiana Society of Professional Journalism. York received first place in Best Student Radio Newscast and second place in Best Student News Reporting and Best Student Sports Reporting, while Alatza received second place in Best Student Radio Newscast.