The University of Evansville’s Environmental Concerns Organization (ECO) will host Earth Day Birthday, a celebration of the earth’s 4.6 billionth year of existence, on April 22. The public is invited and encouraged to attend the event, which is scheduled from 5:00-7:00 p.m. on the East Terrace Lawn on UE’s campus.
The celebration features Earth Day themed food, merchandise, and activities, including:
- Build-a-Bin – decorating free recycling bins
- Up-cycling T-shirts into reusable shopping bags
- Decorating and planting flower pots
- Contest for the best chalk drawing of the Earth
- Blankets provided to lie on the grass and watch the clouds
- Birthday Cake (dirt-cake, cookies, and brownies), Snow cones, and popcorn
- Relay game of sorting recycling materials, recycling-themed corn hole game, and water consumption guessing game.
- Bi-Sci Club’s plant sale
- Sale of Earth Day themed T-shirts, water bottles and other items.
Community organizations at the event will include: Wesselman Woods Nature Center, Urban Seeds, Audubon Nature Society, Project Acorn, Norwex, and the Southwestern Indiana Citizens for Quality of Life.