At approximately 12:57 this morning, Trooper CJ Boeckman stopped the driver of a 2010 Dodge Charger for driving 44 mph in a 30 mph zone on SR 257 in Otwell. The driver was identified as John Allen, 33, of Petersburg and the passenger was identified as Edward Simison, 40, of Washington.
Due to suspicious activity, Trooper Boeckman searched the vehicle and discovered 144 grams of methamphetamine, a small amount of heroin, drug paraphernalia and a syringe loaded with suspected heroin. Allen and Simison were arrested and taken to the Pike County Jail where they are currently being held without bond.
Arrested and Charges:
- John Allen, 33, Petersburg, IN
- Edward Simison, 40, Washington, IN
- Dealing Methamphetamine, Class 2 Felony
- Possession of Methamphetamine, Class 5 Felony
- Possession of Heroin, Class 6 Felony
- Unlawful Possession of a Syringe, Class 6 Felony
- Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Class 6 Felony