Congressman Todd Rokita, the Vice Chairman of the House Budget Committee, released the following statement after the House FY 2019 Budget, A Brighter American Future, passed through committee addressing the unsustainable government spending:
“We spent years watching President Obama spend trillions of dollars on failed government programs that did nothing but drive up spending with little to show for it,” said Congressman Todd Rokita. “As Vice Chairman of the Budget Committee, I have been working hard on behalf of Hoosiers and the American people to get rid of the failed spending policies of the liberal elite and to ensure we have a budget that reduces our deficit and builds on our growing economic prosperity.”
As Vice Chair of the House Budget Committee, Congressman Rokita has been working hard on behalf of Hoosiers for many years. As a fiscal conservative, he champions legislation that lowers our debt while boosting economic growth, reducing federal overreach, and giving power to state and local governments. Rokita has been introducing smart and balanced budget solutions for years and looks forward to seeing the Fiscal Year 2019 Budget go to the House floor.
You can check out more information about the House Fiscal Year 2019 Budget, A Brighter American Future, below:
The budget for FY2019 provides a plan to build on the economic growth we are seeing as well as addresses the unsustainable government spending to ensure A Brighter American Future.
- Balances the budget in nine years by achieving $8.1 trillion in deficit reduction over ten years.
- Achieves at least a $302 billion in mandatory spending over a ten-year period.
- Continues the economic growth we have been seeing since the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Encourages a more responsible use of taxpayer dollars by confronting wasteful spending and strengthen accountability.
- Scales back overreach of the federal government and restores power back to the states.