K-9 Search Sweeps up Rockport Man on Numerous Drug Charges
Spencer County: An investigation led by the State Police ‘All Crimes Policing’ team ended with a Rockport man behind bars on multiple drug charges.
At 10:37 AM, the Jasper District ACP team, along with K-9 officers Steve Sexton (State Police), Adam Bower (Jasper Police), Jesus Monarrez (Dubois County Sheriff), and David Hall (Spencer County Sheriff), conducted a K-9 sweep at the Kimball Logistics warehouse in Santa Claus. While sweeping the parking lot, two K-9 teams positively alerted for the possible presence of narcotics on a black 2007 Chrysler 300 sedan, belonging to 37-year-old Isaac Stewart of Rockport. A third K-9 team positively indicated on an article inside the warehouse that belonged to Stewart.
Master Trooper Trey Lytton and Senior Trooper Robbie Lambert applied for and received a search warrant through the Spencer County Circuit Court. During the search of the Chrysler, troopers located crystal methamphetamine, cocaine, two handguns, digital scales, marijuana, smoking pipes, and two types of Legend drugs.
Stewart was arrested and transported to the Spencer County Jail. Indiana State Police was assisted by the Jasper and Santa Claus Police Departments and the Dubois and Spencer County Sheriff’s Departments.
Arrested and Charges:
Isaac W. Stewart, 37
– Dealing Methamphetamine, Level 4 Felony
– Possession of Methamphetamine, Level 6 Felony
– Possession of Cocaine, Level 6 Felony
– Possession of Legend Drug (x2), Level 6 Felonies
– Maintaining a Common Nuisance, Level 6 Felony
– Possession of Marijuana with a Prior Conviction, Class A Misdemeanor
– Possession of Marijuana under 30 grams, Class B Misdemeanor
– Possession of Paraphernalia, Class C Misdemeanor