To help students and their parents get a jump-start on college planning, the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation, in conjunction with Ivy Tech Community College and the United Way of Southwestern Indiana, is hosting a free FAFSA completion night. The event, scheduled for Thursday, January 4, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Southern Indiana Career and Technical Center, will help students and parents fill out and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid form.
EVSC school counselors and personnel, college connection coaches from Ivy Tech Community College, as well as representatives and volunteers from the United Way will be in attendance to assist parents in completing the FAFSA application.
To complete the FAFSA, parents and students will need to bring the following:
- Social Security Numbers for both parent(s) and student
- Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Date of Birth for both student and parent
- Tax filing status for both student and parent(s) (single, married, head-of-household, widowed, etc.)
- 2016 federal income tax returns, W-2s and other records of money earned.
- Month/year parents were married, remarried, separated or divorced.
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable).
The event is free and open to any high school senior. Individuals with questions should call the EVSC at 812-435-8866.