EVANSVILLE POLICE MERIT COMMISSION
Monday, April 16, 2018
4:00 p.m. Room 307, Civic Center Complex
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- An executive session and a closed hearing will be held prior to the open session.
- The executive session and hearing are closed as provided by:
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5): To receive information about and interview prospective employees.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9): To discuss a job performance evaluation of individual employees. This subdivision does not apply to a discussion of the salary, compensation, or benefits of employees during a budget process.
- OPEN SESSION:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- March 26, 2018 (Cook, Scott, and Hamilton)
- APPROVAL OF CLAIMS
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER UPDATE
- Sergeant Steve Kleeman – 12 officers in field training.
- Sergeant Brian Talsma – 4 officers in SWILEA
- APPLICANT PROCESS
- Certify 2018 applicant eligibility list to be effective from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
- DISCIPLINARY MATTERS
- 18-PO-03 – Officer Marc McDowell, Badge Number 1242 – 1 day suspension. Appealed on 1/25/18. Matter is set for hearing on May 14, 2018.
- 18-PO-04 – Officer Rob Pylant, Badge Number 1257 – 1 day suspension. No appeal filed. Tabled from March 26, 2018 meeting.
- REMINDERS: The next meeting is May 14th at 4:00pm in Room 307.