EVANSVILLE POLICE MERIT COMMISSION
Monday, August 12, 2019
4:00 p.m. Room 307, Civic Center Complex
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- An executive session and a closed hearing will be held prior to the open session.
- The executive session and hearing are closed as provided by:
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5): To receive information about and interview prospective employees.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9): To discuss a job performance evaluation of individual employees. This subdivision does not apply to a discussion of the salary, compensation, or benefits of employees during a budget process.
- OPEN SESSION:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- July 22, 2019 (Cook, Scott, and Hamilton)
- APPROVAL OF CLAIMS
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER UPDATE:
- Captain Scott Doan will provide updated on officers in field training and in SWILEA.
- 19-PO-16, Officer Kareem Neighbors, Badge Number 1323, 21-day suspension (no appeal)
- 19-PO-17, Officer Mario Reid, Badge Number 1401, 3-day suspension (no appeal)
- Officer Kevin Holder, Badge Number 1230, retiring effective September 16, 2019 after serving 20 years and 2 days.
- Officer Tim Morris, Badge Number 1068, retiring effective September 11, 2019 after serving 32 years, 5 months, and 1 day.
- Officer Kareem Neighbors, Badge Number 1323, resigning effective August 2, 2019 after serving 11 years and 11 months.
- REMINDERS: The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 26, 2019 at 4:00pm.