University of Southern Indiana Women’s Basketball begins a four-game road trip to close out the 2017-18 regular season Thursday 5:30 p.m. when it visits William Jewell College in Liberty, Missouri. The Screaming Eagles also travel to Kansas City, Missouri, Saturday for a 1 p.m. tilt against Rockhurst University.
Both games will be aired on WSWI 95.7 FM as well as the GLVC Sports Network. Live stats, audio and GLVCSN links can be accessed at GoUSIEagles.com.
The Eagles (21-2, 13-1 GLVC), winners of a season-high and GLVC-best 10 straight games, conclude the regular-season with visits to the University of Wisconsin-Parkside February 22 and Lewis University February 24.
USI Women’s Basketball Notes (2/13/18)
• Another sweep for Eagles. USI Women’s Basketball earned another two-game sweep in GLVC play after recording a 64-51 road victory over Illinois Springfield Thursday and a 68-59 Senior Night home win over Bellarmin Saturday.
• Last week’s leaders. Senior forward Morgan Dahlstrom averaged 25.5 points, 15.0 rebounds and 3.0 steals per game to lead the Eagles last week. Senior guard/forward Kaydie Grooms chipped in 15.0 points and 2.0 blocks per contest, while senior guard Randa Harshbarger contributed 8.0 points and 4.5 assists per outing.
• Dahlstrom lighting up the nets. Dahlstrom has been efficient as of late, shooting 69.0 percent (40-58) from the field in the last four games.
• Eagles showing stout defense. USI has held its last seven opponents to just 54.6 points per game and a combined shooting percentage of .317 (128-404).
• 10-game win streak. During the Eagles’ 10-game win streak, Dahlstrom is leading the Eagles with 17.5 points and 12.2 rebounds per game. Grooms is chipping in 17.0 points and 2.2 steals per game, while Harsh