CITY OF EVANSVILLE
Board of Public Safety
Civic Center Complex,
Room 301 Evansville, IN
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 6TH, 2017
Building Commission – Ron Beane Police Department – Chief Billy Bolin Transportation & Services – Todd Robertson Fire Department – Chief Mike Connelly
~ Pledge of Allegiance ~
Business with Representatives:
1. Debra Spalding, Purchasing Department, requests approval for permission to advertise for the Request for Proposals for City of Evansville Towing & Storage of Nuisance, Wrecked and Impounded Vehicles and Towing of Abandoned Vehicles.
A. Police Department – Captain Stephanie Cox – NO AGENDA ITEMS B. Fire Department – Battalion Chief Hertzberger
1. Request approval to surplus the following items:
- 1986 FORD 600 BUS – 1FDNB60HXGVA45853
- 1988 DUPLEX/LTI 75’ QUINT – 1D91D61F5J1008957
- 1990 FORD L8000 HEAVY RESCUE – 1FDYR82AXLVA40330
- 1990 SUTPHEN 75’ QUINT – 1S9A7LBD7L2003804
- 1992 SPARTAN/KME PUMPER – 4S7DT9D04NC005424
- 1993 SPARTAN/QUALITY PUMPER – 4S7BT9C01PC008258
- CHAMPION 21” DRILL PRESS – E.B.375
- JOHNSON METAL CUTTING BAND SAW – 680 MODEL J
- SMITH’S A C WELDER – 25-3535
- LARGE GREEN YALE SPUR GEARED BLOCK (CHAIN HOIST)
2. Request Vendor approval for pre-employment/post offer drug screens and incumbent annual physical examinations through Deaconess Comp Center.
1. Request approval to open and award the bids for the following:
- 514 BAYARD PARK DR. – RAZE (DEMOLISH) HOUSE AND GARAGE AND REMOVE TREE LEANING ON THE GARAGE
- 216 EAST FRANKLIN ST. – RAZE (DEMOLISH) HOUSE
- 838 JACKSON AVE. – RAZE (DEMOLISH) HOUSE N
- 2615 NORTH KENTUCKY AVE. – RAZE (DEMOLISH) HOUSE AND GARAGE, REMOVE THE FENCING AND REMOVE TWO (2) GATES, ONE (1) ON THE WEST SIDE AND ONE (1) ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE PROPERTY
- 3000 LAKE DR. – RAZE (DEMOLISH) HOUSE, GARAGE AND REMOVE THE SLAB/FOUNDATION
- 907 OAKLEY ST. – RAZE (DEMOLISH) HOUSE AND REMOVE ALL FENCING
D. Transportation & Services – Todd Robertson
E. Special Event Permit – Sgt. Josh Wittmer
1. All the Way Lit Ent, LLC requests approval for the “MLK ONE COMMUNITY 1K WAL/RUN” on January 15th, 2017 from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. Closing Court Street between 6th Street & 5th Street; SE 5th Street between Court Street & Locust Street; Locust Street
2. All the Way Lit Ent, LLC requests approval to amend the “1ST ANNUAL MLK DAY PARADE” on January 15th, 2018 from noon until 3:30 p.m. Amendment of the time, same road closings and date.
- YMCA of Southwestern IN requests approval for a parking permit for September 7th, 2018 & September 8th, 2018 for a White Trailer, 7×14 Box Trailer, at 5th & Vine Street. (Plate: TR261TMM)
- YMCA of Southwestern IN requests approval for a parking permit for October 12th, 2018 & October 13th, 2018 for a White Trailer, 7×14 Box Trailer, at 222 NW 6th Street. (Plate: TR261TMM)
- American Red Cross requests approval for a parking permit on January 18th, 2018 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 310 Main Street (Signature School) for a 2006 BlueBird Bus for an annual blood drive. (Plate: B274AA, Red/White, Logo)
B. Taxi Cab Company License
1. Request approval for the following taxi cab company license:
a. Past LLC – paperwork in order C. Taxi Cab Driver Permit
1. Request approval for the following taxi cab driver permits:
- Michael Sulawske – new
- Murray Wilson – renewal 2018
- Gary Perkins – renewal 2018
Board of Public Safety Evansville, Indiana
- Randy Paddock – renewal 2018
- Lawrence E. Will – renewal 2018
- Gayla L. Fowler – new 2017 & renewal 2018
D. Massage Clinic Permit
1. Request approval for the following massage clinic permit:
- FasciaWorks Inc. – paperwork in order – renewal 2018
- Body and Sole Reflexologist – paperwork in order – renewal 2018
- New Age Spa – paperwork in order – renewal 2018
E. Road Closure
- Nicholas Funke, Klenck Company, requests approval to close the road at 475 S Governor on December 11th, 2017 to December 14th, 2017 for a storm sewer and water line connection within Governor Street to support the new Silver Burch Development. Emergency vehicle will be able to pass through during the closure.
- Officer Kent Walker, Evansville Police Department, requests approval to close 6th Street from Main Street to Vine Street on December 8th, 2017 to park school buses for an event at the Victory Theatre (Nutcracker). Officer Walker will be contacting the City Garage to order no parking signs as well as barricades the day before the event and for pick-up after the event.
- Approve claims.
- Approve the minutes from Wednesday, November 1st, 2017.
Next Meeting, December 6th, 2017.
Board of Public Safety Evansville, Indiana
Michael Retter, President Mike Lauderdale, Vice President Kayce Zeller, Member Clay Havill, Counsel Attorney