EVANSVILLE POLICE MERIT COMMISSION
Monday, September 11, 2017
2:00 p.m. Room 307, Civic Center Complex
- EXECUTIVE SESSION:
- An Executive Session and a closed hearing will be held prior to the open session.
- The Executive Session and hearing are closed as provided by:
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(5): To receive information about and interview prospective employees.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(6)(A): With respect to any individual over whom the governing body has jurisdiction to receive information concerning the individual’s alleged misconduct.
- I.C. 5-14-1.5-6.1(b)(9): To discuss a job performance evaluation of individual employees. This subdivision does not apply to a discussion of the salary, compensation, or benefits of employees during a budget process.
- OPEN SESSION:
- CALL TO ORDER
- ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
- August 14, 2017 (Hegeman, Cook, and Scott) – tabled from 8/28 meeting
- August 28, 2017 (Hegeman, Scott)
- APPROVAL OF CLAIMS
- PROBATIONARY OFFICER UPDATE:
- Sergeant Brian Talsma – 11 officers in SWILEA
- Sergeant Steve Kleeman – 5 officers in field training
- OLD BUSINESS:
- Personnel Order 17-PO-15: Officer Shawn P. Smith, Badge Number 1336 – 1 day suspension. Tabled from August 28th meeting.
- NEW DISCIPLINARY MATTERS:
- Personnel Order 17-PO-16: Sergeant Rob Hahn, Badge Number 5137 – 5 day suspension. No appeal filed
- Officer Christopher Beitler, Badge Number 1438 – resignation effective August 31, 2017 after serving 1 month and 21 days.
- REMINDERS: The scheduled meeting on Monday, September 25th with the Executive Session beginning at 2:00pm.