Stock Ticker

• Unfortunately, we could not get stock quotes this time.

News Release By The Byram for Sheriff Campaign

Kirk2-1Who do you want?

The Sheriff of Sleaze has finally made himself known to the voters of Vanderburgh County. Dave Wedding has become so paranoid about losing his appointed job that he is telling lies about my family to get reporters to harass even my 73 year old mother who felt forced to defend me.

Yes, I filed for bankruptcy caused from business that also cost my mother and brother. But, unlike the lies my opponent has been spreading, both my mother and brother are fully supporting me in my bid to become Sheriff.

My opponent seems to forget he and the former Sheriff put me in charge of two of the most important budget items in the Sheriff’s Office, command of all the Sheriff’s Office vehicles and firearms training. If they had a problem with my money handling, then why would they give me those responsibilities?

This is not about my past. This is about my opponent’s lack of vision for the future.

What do you want? Do you want Lt. Kirk Byram, a Sheriff whose first priority is to keep you and your family safe and offers detailed ways in which he will do it?

-OR-

Do you want the currently appointed Sheriff that is going around the county giving speeches laced with F-Bombs? Just ask the Board of Realtors, the Retired Police and Firefighters, or the Mater Dei parents about the appointed Sheriff’s, it’s all about me, pre-game speech to the Mater Dei Football Team.

Let’s not forget that Wedding is the candidate that pulled a Barney Fife by endangering a room full of deputies by firing a shot while mishandling his service weapon.

How about being investigated for a tainted taxpayer funded traffic enforcement program that resulted in his being removed from command and a deputy being convicted for wrongdoing.

Vanderburgh County, is this what you want? A Barney Fife who NEVER tested to be a deputy and was given the position of Sheriff?

THE CHOICE IS CLEAR. THE CHOICE IS YOURS.

Vote Lt. Kirk Byram.

POSTED BY THE CITY COUNTY OBSERVER WITHOUT OPINON, BIAS OR EDITING

10 Responses to News Release By The Byram for Sheriff Campaign

1. granny Reply

August 26, 2014 at 5:23 pm

I want a sheriff whose children are not prohibited from having a loving, one on one relationship with their grandmother and so she doesn’t have to reportedly leave their Christmas presents and birthday gifs on the front porch in the middle of the night.

• Moveon Reply

August 30, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I would not vote for either of you two. You are making this race way to PERSONAL. The sheriff should be professional and this is getting way out of hand.

Number One: You DO NOT attack the family of your opponent. That’s just rude and socially unacceptable.

Stick to the issues and stop making this personal.

May the best man win.

I could care less if someone borrowed money from their relatives. Hell that happens all the time. Mom and Dad are there for their kids though thick and thin. I really resent the attacks on the candidate’s mother and his brother. How low can you really go? You can’t get much lower than that. You should know that attacking his mother will just make her defend him even more. That’s not smart politically and pretty sleazy IMHO.

At least he had the gut to try to make it in the business world. Can’t say the same for the Democratic Candidate.

I’m really stick and tired of the way some of the democrats run for office. And I consider myself pretty liberal. But this is getting really nasty and I dispise nasty people. Grow up! Both of you guys!66QMXF

• Brains Benton Reply

August 30, 2014 at 8:46 pm

100% Agree

I don’t like the way either man has conducted themselves thus far during this campaign nor does it appear either man is holding up very well under scrutinity/vetting.

I figure any gun totin’ LEO can enforce the law. I want someone who commands the respect of his force, doesn’t make political retributions and has the necessary communcation and leadership abilities to deal with the public and the press.

Thus far both have failed miserably at that. They have about 8 weeks to show me and the rest of community something different.

Sheeesh.

2. James T Davis Reply

August 26, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Way to take the high road Mr Byram. It seems you have quite a temper. I guess this is a preview of how you will react if you assume the office of sheriff. I think the real story is that Byram is prone to flying off of the handle when things don’t go his way. That will be a great way to run your department. Your staff and the public are in for a real treat if you take over.

3. V Reply

August 27, 2014 at 9:43 am

Fifing thermodynamic climatology.

• granny Reply

August 27, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Hey V see if you can find a video where Aunt Bea says she has to work the rest of her life because Andy second mortgaged her inheritance, squandered it on a business venture, and failed to make the agreed upon payments on her income property.

4. Ex-relative Reply

September 17, 2014 at 11:26 am

Come on, Kirk, you know you are lying. Your mother and your brother are not backing you. They are just trying to stay out of your mess. You are trying to make it sound like you really feel sorry for you poor old mother – what a joke. You have not talked to her for years nor let her see your kids. Now, you are using her to say she backs you. I know better. You are like your “insane” father.

And, neither one of your brothers back you. Why are you lying? Do you drink too much whiskey like your father? He is really good at lying, too.

I imagine these people with the Sheriff’s Department had put trust in your before they found out how you do handle money!!!! I know, don’t I?
    You stole from my mother, too.

5. ex-relative Reply

September 17, 2014 at 11:54 am

Why didn’t you post my comment – because it was true?

Kirk’s brother and mother are NOT backing him. He has not phoned or visited his mother for years, not does he allow her to see his boys because he doesn’t want to talk about the money he took from her. He can say anything I guess, but this is not true about her backing him.

His brothers and mother want to stay out of his MESS, but he drags them in, and then to say they are backing him………how dishonest!!!!

6. ex-relative Reply

September 17, 2014 at 11:56 am

See what your demonized father has done – he taught you to talk dishonest and be a thief, and now it is pay back time – the truth is coming out.