bruce

Vanderburgh County Farm Bureau, Inc., a membership organization representing 5000 members in the county, has officially endorsed Bruce Ungethiem for County Commissioner in District #2.

With Bruce’s proven leadership, years of business management experience, and work as co-chair of CORE in defeating the city/county reorganization, his actions speak louder than words.  We feel it’s time to end business as usual and get Vanderburgh County back on the right track.

Bruce Blackford, President

Vanderburgh County Farm Bureau, Inc.

32 Responses to Press release from Vanderburgh County Farm Bureau, Inc., on Endorsement of Bruce Ungethiem

1. Eviltaxpayer Reply

March 11, 2014 at 9:37 am

Mr. Ungethiem has my support ,If Wayne isn’t backing him he must still be a decent man ,besides he also was against the massive land grab known as consolidation.

• lheab Reply

March 11, 2014 at 12:21 pm

• Pogo Reply

March 11, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Consolidation is not on this ballot this years. It was defeated, remember.

Vandigov was also defeated; remember that from back two or three decades ago?

Get into the modern age with the current issues.

And yes, I will probably vote for Mr. Ungethiem.

2. elkaybee Reply

March 11, 2014 at 10:17 am

This is a big endorsement for Mr. Ungethiem. Farm Bureau members show up and vote.

3. Wayne Parke Reply

March 11, 2014 at 4:36 pm

Chairman Vanderburgh County Republican Party Comment:

Bruce knew way before he ever filed to run for County Commissioner that I, Wayne Parke, Chairman of the Vanderburgh County Republican Party, was going to fully support and would be endorsing Marsha Abell to be re-elected as County Commissioner. Bruce informed me that he was going to run,no matter what,and if I did not remain neutral he might run as a Democrat or an Independent.

As the Republican County Chairman, I support Marsha because overall she has done a very good job as a County Commissioner. Marsha has many years of experience in the business enviroment and city/county government. She is, by far, the best qualified candidate for the position. Marsha also has the strong support of the Republican leadership in Vanderburgh County.

In addition, Marsha and her husband have been a long time supporters of the Vanderburgh Republican Party and its candidates by giving a substantial amount of time and money to help make our City/County the best it can be. I do not recall Bruce giving any time or financial support to the Republican Party. If he has, please let me know what it is. I have ask Bruce but he has not responded.

I ask you to vote for Marsha Abell.

Wayne Parke
    Chairman VCRP

• onemeover Reply

March 11, 2014 at 8:23 pm

So to be undertanding your view. Marsha is the best qualified to run the county because….. She and her husband have raised a lot of money for “the party”. No matter who runs against her for what job she should be elected because she knows how to raise cash. Patty the daytime hooker from my name is Earl can raise cash, what is she endorsed for?

• Wayne Parke Reply

March 11, 2014 at 10:56 pm

onemeover: Read the whole posting– Marsha and Dick has given substantial amount of time helping the Party/Candidates. To my knowledge Bruce has not given any time or financial support to the Republican Party. Do you know anything? Anything?

Marsha has served as City Clerk, County Clerk, County Council Member and now County Commissioner. She has a well of knowledge and stands up for good public policy and the voters know it.

She is by far, the best qualified candidate for the position.

• Truthsquad Reply

March 11, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Are there any party rules that forbid the County Chairman from endorsing a candidate in a primary? is this allowed or are you breaking rules? My kid is taking a freshman-level government class in college and he pointed out a paragraph that flat-out states party chairmen should stay out of primaries and let the VOTERS decide who they want to represent them on the general election ballot.

• Wayne Parke Reply

March 11, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Truthsquad: No there is not any party rules that forbid the County Chairman from endorsing a candidate in a primary.

Abell is far more more qualified.

• Michael Lowey Reply

March 11, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Repeating an opinion does not make it fact, nor does it provide any thinking person additional insight to your arriving at such an opinion. You are everything that is wrong with politics– at every level.

• Wayne Parke

March 11, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Michael Lowey: Making a statment does not make the statement factual.

I am the Party Chairman–I have read the party rules and know they say. I suggest you read them.

Michael–Are you registered to vote?

• hellochildren Reply

March 14, 2014 at 4:31 am

Wayne,

Your part in sustaining the 2 party dictatorship is the problem. This is the same mindset that is destroying this country. There are no “real people” in these positions anymore. Only political cronies who are beholden to thier corporate benefactors.

Land of the free? In many other countries you can vote for 20 presidential candidates. In ours, only the 2 party dictatorship candidates.

Wayne, you only care about your cronies, not the voters.

4. Phyllip Davis Reply

March 11, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I just can’t get past Bruce’s intentionally deceptive ways when it comes to public forums when people are trying to learn about local issues. I can’t forget when he spoke at the North Park branch library on the convention hotel. He gives a list of his professional accomplishments to gain the crowd’s trust and then he tells how the city is paying HCW to build apartments to compete against him as a landlord. Most people with any knowledge of the project knew that is was explicitly written that the public funds would not be going to the construction of the apartments. If he was not intentionally misleading people to believe this falsehood, he was deceiving us with his resume because a man of his accomplishments should have known better. There is room for disagreements in politics, but there is no room for outright lying.

• Phyllip Davis Reply

March 11, 2014 at 5:21 pm

They would not be building the apartments without the accompanying hotel, but the monies are definitely segregated.

• hellochildren Reply

March 14, 2014 at 4:32 am

Ya…Marsha is ALWAYS 100% truthful right?

5. Wayne Parke Reply

March 11, 2014 at 6:13 pm

To Mitch S: What are you talking about? “…back room power politics”???. There is no backroom politics in my actions. Read what I said above. Bruce knew upfront a long time ago, I would not be supporting him or remaining neutral. I am openly up front in support of the best candidate when there is a clear choice as there is in this case–Marsha Abell.

Leaders lead–they do not sit on the sidelines or in the backroom. I lead. I am a straight talking person that has been successful in leading.

People who back Bruce are wasting their time and money.

Marsha will be re-elected.

• Michael Lowey Reply

March 11, 2014 at 11:10 pm

So exercising contemplation and deliberating on which individual represents the right direction for this particular office is a waste of time and money?

Thanks for the heads up!

• Wayne Parke Reply

March 11, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Michael Lowey: Everyone should look at/study every candidate very carefully. When you do that in this race, Marsha Abell is the best choice.

6. Paying Attention Reply

March 11, 2014 at 6:26 pm

You indicate that a citizen such as Mr.Ungathiem cannot work for the betterment of the community unless they go through you and receive your blessing.
    Bruce used his engineering degree to help one of our largest and most prestigious companies, Mead Johndon/Bristol Meyers, guild manufacturing facilties all over the world. He invested a couple of decades in youth Sports,and Other Community activities. That says to me that he is truly invested in making a Vanderburgh a b great place to live and work.
    Mr.Parke, do you think that the only real Republicans or even conservatives have to be “approved by Wayne.”
    It must be ‘good to be king….
    I think I’ll save my campaign donations for individual candidates that can think for themselves.

• Wayne Parke Reply

March 11, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Paying Attention: Please play attetion to what I am saying. The question is–Who is the best qualified candidate to fill the County Commissioner position on the ballot. Answer: Marsha Abell.

Note her experience in City/County Government?
      She has served as City Clerk, County Clerk, County Council Member and now County Commissioner.

Bruce’s only expertise in a political office is he ran and lost. Marsha runs and wins. Why do voters keep supporting her—-because she is person who fights for good public policy.

• Blanger Reply

March 12, 2014 at 11:54 am

Whayne,

I’m of the opinion that politicians should not make a career out of holding a public office, in Ms Abell’s case she is the very essence of a “career politician” and under her tenure the county owned “Centre” has made just how much money? and keeping the Centre open has made/or saved the taxpayers how much of their tax dollars?

You feel she is the best for the job because of her political career but it would seem she is ineffective, how many years or chances does it take for a person to see they are wasting taxpayers money?

The very thing that you mention as Mr Ungethiem’s only expertise (having ran and loss) is appealing to me because he apparently isn’t as politically connected as Ms Abell, he was instrumental in defeating consolidation which tells me he will fight for something he believes in, and his work record as a private citizen is very impressive.

Serving in a political position such as a representative was never intended to be a career, it was suppose to be “one and done” so the person had little time to become corrupted by influence, stagnated by repetition, and give the next citizen a chance to serve who may have fresh ideas or a stronger motivation, also less likely to be influenced by special interests, or become too powerful.

I might remind you that this is 2014 and career politicians are viewed by most voters as a huge part of our problems, you may feel Ms Abell is the best person for the job but I doubt all your drum beating for her will make any significant difference with the majority of the voting population….regardless of her performance or years of tenure if the public is tired of her she will be gone.

You are of course entitled to your opinion same as everyone else, we of course do not have to share your opinion and are free to find fault and look for any motivation behind it.

JMHO

7. Friendly Reminder Reply

March 11, 2014 at 9:56 pm

Two WOWS!

1) Wow, it is great to see Bruce Ungethiem in this race. I worked with him for many years and found him to be a competent, diligent, pleasant co-worker. I also had the opportunity to help him a little on the consolidation issue and can assure you he acted out of heartfelt concern for his community; so much so, I am almost surprised to see him formally enter politics. It is great to see a man of his caliber offer himself for public service.

2) Wow, Wayne Parke seems to be a clear representative of everything wrong with American politics. Money and machine compliance leads to unquestioning endorsement of Marsha. There was a day when the party was more interested in facilitating the best candidate to move into public service and succeed. But I guess Mr. Parke and the current local party machine missed that development in their own personal growth.

Best wishes Bruce… you will be a great commissioner.

• Brains Benton Reply

March 11, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Exactly.

Criteria

1) What is your tenure with the machine
      2) How much money have you raised for the machine
      3) How much loyalty do you have for the machine.
      4) How much internal support do you have with the machine?

Performance for the public means zippity do da, in fact the more you bilk the public and shovel the goodies to the machine the better.

• Wayne Parke Reply

March 11, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Brains Benton: Performance for the public means a lot. Marsha has had great performance for the community. That is why I am supporting her and that is why the voters support her.

Marsha has been City Clerk, County Clerk, County Council Member and County Commissioner. To get elected that many times by the voters she had to have done a good job.

In a poliuctical office what kind of performance has Bruce had? Answer: None

• Brains Benton Reply

March 12, 2014 at 10:01 am

You didn’t mention performance even once in your original post, only what I listed above, very telling.

Now that you’ve been called out your blustering and sputtering about how it does matter and what a great servant Marsha is.

Marsha’s victory in 2010 was hardly a ringing endorsement, our other option was so bad I even voted for her.

Marha serves Winnecke who serves Weinzapful and her actions prove that.

You can’t be serious about comparing resumes!!

My politics is 180 degrees from Mr. Ungethiem’s but only a fool would deny his 30+ year sparkling private sector resume.

• Wayne Parke Reply

March 11, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Friendly Reminder: If you are such an outstanding respected person and and want people to follow your advice—why don’t you use your real name? What are you ashamed of? Who are you?

There are more Republicans in Office today than there ever has been in SW Indiana.

Friendly Reminder–What have you accomplish in making our County the best it cab be? Tell me..

• CCOMole Reply

March 12, 2014 at 1:15 am

Use your real name? Let me ask you this Wayne. How many names have you used on here?

8. Crash LaRue Reply

March 12, 2014 at 5:27 am

I agree with Parke, Abell’s record WILL SPEAK for her!

Ungethiem will win in a walk.

• rk812 Reply

March 12, 2014 at 9:16 am

Only if the citizens get out and vote for the best person and Abell is not it anymore!! With Wayne and Winnecke backing her the backroom has spoken?

9. The Ghost of Tom Joad Reply

March 12, 2014 at 6:51 am

Needs a better photo. Horrible lighting.

10. E. Lon Walters Reply

March 13, 2014 at 9:58 am

Is it True Bruce Ungetheim attended the Republican Lincoln Day Dinner; however he did not pay and still owes the $100.00 fee for dinner.

11. E. Lon Walters Reply

March 13, 2014 at 11:16 am

I have been told that Bruce may have paid cash at the door, so I would like to retract my earlier comment.