This is a copy of the SAME receipt that was obtained by the Evansville Fire Department for their investigation.  The City County Observer has not edited or tampered with this receipt.  When the rest of the report is made available to the public any doubts you may have about its authenticity will be resolved.  At this point this is the only piece of the investigation report that we are able to publish.  This receipt is what the fire department investigator deemed as a legitimate record for the purposes of  his investigation.  From the CCO’s perspective the defense of  it’s authenticity is hereby declared over.

49 Responses to The Maingate Democrat City Council Bar Tab from Jan. 23rd that the Indianapolis Consultant Paid For

1. East Side Dem Reply

February 11, 2012 at 6:43 am

Does anyone know if they charge for soft drinks? Since there are no soft drinks on the receipt. Granted some establishments will not charge for soft drinks (for designated drivers or with food purchases). With a total of 46 drinks (I don’t know if the Curt Special is a drink but counting it as such) for a party of 8 people, it would appear that an average of over 5 drinks per person would have had some stumbling drunks on premise.

• editor Reply

February 11, 2012 at 9:19 am

Curt John Special = vodka+orange juice+ cranberry juice+club soda So yes it is a drink.

2. beerguy Reply

February 11, 2012 at 7:53 am

The Merit Commission needs to interview all of the people listed on this receipt: BEAUTY, Shawn, Curt Special, Jim Beam and Bud Light.

• Mary K. Hukill Reply

February 11, 2012 at 11:10 pm

What about the “time” listed on this receipt…..it states 02:29PM…is that Military time….wasn’t the City Council meeting at 5:30pm, and those folks met after that meeting and some left at 9:00pm, and supposedly, Al Lindsey left at 11:00pm….he shouldn’t have been late, if that happened, possibly they have a 12 hour difference to attend meetings/events, anyway, but,….I mean really,…..What does the Video Show, and who filed the Complaint, what is this “time” difference on the receipt. I’m not stating Al Lindsey is a saint….There are too may holes in this whole thing. It is a good thing Al Lindsey has an Attorney.

• Mary K. Hukill Reply

February 12, 2012 at 1:14 am

….sure, what witnesses are needed…from both sides. This should all be interesting how it all shapes up.

• editor Reply

February 12, 2012 at 9:10 am

According to Curt John himself the time and date stamp reflect when the receipt was printed as opposed to when it was ordered. It is just how the system there works.

3. beerguy Reply

February 11, 2012 at 7:56 am

If Robinson left early and SBR had her own tab, that means it was all men doing the drinking. 10 Mich Ultra, 8 Busch Light,and 7 Bud Light ! What kind of shemales do we have on Council these days ? This is a shameful and sad day for our City, we deserve far better ! Get some manly men in there, pronto !

• RehabilitatedDem Reply

February 11, 2012 at 8:54 am

What else do you expect from these men….surprised they’re not drinking wine coolers!! :)

• MaingateDrunkard Reply

February 11, 2012 at 9:24 am

Missy and Krista were both left after Connie and SBR departed. I wonder which one pounded down the 10 Mich Ultras?

• waitamin Reply

February 11, 2012 at 9:59 am

Looks like someone was drinking Jim Beam. I wonder who that was.

• Henry Reply

February 11, 2012 at 10:08 am

they are all watching their figures

4. FloodGate Reply

February 11, 2012 at 8:56 am

Evansville Turth!!! Where you at???

5. JoeBiden Reply

February 11, 2012 at 9:25 am

Who is the Indy “consultant” and what was he doing with these elected Democrat officials other than buying their booze and food?

• FloodGate Reply

February 11, 2012 at 9:38 am

He “consults” cities on greenways. Funny that he’s the one that picked up the tab yet the fire inspector didn’t feel the need to consult HIM on whether or not Lindsey was drinking. If I picked up a $200 tab I’m pretty sure I’d have a decent recollection as to who I was paying for. Someone is trying really hard to keep this guy out of this. Who and why? I bet I know, anyone care to take some guesses?

6. FloodGate Reply

February 11, 2012 at 9:44 am

Curt John has stated that taxes have already been included in the drink prices. I’ll accept that as true. That leaves $55.70 in food on this receipt. I think restaurant tax is 8%. If that’s the case the tax on this bill should be $4.46. What am I missing?

• beerguy Reply

February 11, 2012 at 10:19 am

Flood,
      Only thing you are missing is the horizontal line under the ’5 BudLight Draft’. Has this receipt been tampered with ? Your math in arriving at the $ 4.46 tax is exactly right, as is the 8 % tax (7 % IN Sales Tax, 1 % Food & Beverage to pay for the Arena). Maybe the Main Gate is self-assessing an additional 4 % tax to help pay off those Arena bonds ??

• NoMoDoh Reply

February 11, 2012 at 10:59 am

If you add up all the food, the two “cranberry” items, maybe juice, and the “Curt Specials”, which may not be programmed into the tax calculator for drinks and you will come up with $83.85 in food and $6.71 in sales tax. I don’t know where the $0.03 went, but that is as close as I can get it.

Evidently, all beer and regular mixed drinks are programmed to include the tax. The “Curt Special” may be a drink available to only Curt’s friends. Maybe they should have a notation of some kind on the tab to indicate the items sales taxes are calculated on. If grocery stores can do it, so should bars.

• beerguy Reply

February 11, 2012 at 11:27 am

sorry, conspiracy theories only work if they are precise. My theory is that the receipt has been altered (see horizontal line under the Bud Light), there were a LOT of additional drinks that were in-between the Bud Light and the ‘to go’ Chips lines , along with $ 28.50 of additional food that was also omitted with those drinks–and the tax on that $ 28.50 of food, $ 2.28, reconciles the $ 6.74 of tax. They made the $ 212.00 total up, but forgot that the Sales Tax would not equate to the food. Amateurs !

7. Ward2Regrets Reply

February 11, 2012 at 10:15 am

I know for a fact that the “citizen complaint” came from my city council representative. I have voted for her every time. I have defended her against many who have said some terrible things about her. I am sad to say that she has proven me wrong. I have questioned her involvement in this until yesterday when I heard from someone that I trust very much that she was behind all of this from the first step. I have spent years denying that she was the person everyone said she was. Today I feel like an idiot. Regardless of Mr. Lindsey’s guiltiness her actions are completely uncalled for. Even if it is never publicly known for sure, the other council members will always know what she has done here. She has lost all credibility among them and will never be fully trusted again. Our council members can and should have differences of opinion. But allowing these differences to spill into personal livelihoods is completely unacceptable. Say what you will about whether Mr. Lindsey did or did not do the right thing. But my city council representative is trying to destroy a man’s entire life. His career, his retirement, his family, his reputation. After all the years I have spent defending her I can assure you that there are skeletons in that closet that are far worse than the things she is accusing him of. The other council members have no further reason to show her any trust whatsoever, rendering her ultimately ineffective. I hope she gets the most she can out of the next four years. I’m betting they will be her last as any sort of elected official.

• ThatsWhatISaid Reply

February 11, 2012 at 11:22 am

Regrets, I have had the exact same experiences with Ms Mosby. If I hadn’t voted so early back in October, I would have voted for Mr. Walters on Election Day.

• NoMoDoh Reply

February 11, 2012 at 2:33 pm

ThatsWhatISaid;

Thank you for corroborating my position that the early voter is an uninformed voter. Until all the information is presented, and most of that comes in the last ten days before election day, there is no way to be sure who you want to vote for. I once changed my vote while driving to the polls, after hearing a radio interview, where in my candidate of choice made a statement that destroyed his credibility, big time. Maybe he thought no one was listening, but it made an indelible impact on me.

The only people who should vote early are those who mindlessly vote a straight ticket. Then those votes should be deleted the first Monday of November.

• ThatsWhatISaid Reply

February 12, 2012 at 1:07 am

Not necessarily true, NoMo. Granted, I will not vote that early again, but I am quite involved and quite informed. I, like the poster I responded to, thought Ms. Mosby was a different person than she is turning out to be. Will not make that mistake again.

• E. Lon Walters Reply

February 12, 2012 at 9:16 am

Thanks for the mention. Too bad, we do not have a recall provision in Indiana election law.
        P.S. I think Al is getting a raw deal.

• Soon2B Reply

February 12, 2012 at 9:24 am

Even if we had a recall provision, it would seem there would have to be grounds on which a recall petition is filed. What are the charges, Mr. Walters?

• Inknow Reply

February 11, 2012 at 3:47 pm

When is it wrong for for anybody to report that a fireman is reporting drunk to work? When is it wrong for anybody to report a person is AWOL from work particularly a government worker?

Trying to destroy somebody’s life? He did it to himself! The person who reported Lindsey, should be thanked not ridiculed. The person was doing the the right thing in looking out after the best interest of the citizens of Vanderburgh County.

• Ward2Regrets Reply

February 11, 2012 at 4:31 pm

1) If she was truly looking out for the best interest of the citizens of Vanderburgh County she would not have allowed anyone at that table, including herself, to get behind the wheel that evening. We have seen the amount of alcohol consumed by the party of 8. And don’t think that we are naive enough to believe that they did not drive themselves home.

2) I never said that what he did was right or wrong. But I do believe the punishment should fit the crime. I am willing to bet that other firefighters have committed a similar offense but have not been forced to suffer the same repercussions. Not to mention the fact that the investigator’s report does not convince me that Mr. Lindsey has been given a very fair trial and the last time I checked we are innocent until proven guilty.

3) If he “reported to work drunk” why was he not disciplined by his commanding officer or turned in by another firefighter? The complaint did not come until the next day from someone that he was in an altercation with the night before. If she was innocently doing a civic duty by reporting his actions then why did the complaint not go through the proper chain of command? I don’t know about you but if I had a complaint against a city worker I would be lucky to get through to that worker’s department head, let alone the mayor!

Given the history with these two individuals and the manner in which she has handled this situation I will never be convinced that this entire event was not blown out of proportion out of spite and vindictiveness on the part of our 2nd Ward City Councilwoman.

• Inknow Reply

February 11, 2012 at 5:20 pm

#1–you are 100% correct— no one should have been driving.
          #2–Lindsey is a Captain and he is a City Councilman. He needs to be held to a high standard. He should be a leader and an example for others to follow. I do not believe this action/behavior by Lindsey is typical of other firemen.I bet most are embarrassed by the whole mess. I highly respect our firemen and they are a proud group. Have you seen the investigators report? We know the final charges–not the report. What violation/charge do you think is not correct? The next step of the process is the merit commission. Let us do their job and let us see what they say.
          #3–He should have been turn in by other firemen. Being a Captain and City Councilman might made the other firemen afraid to do so for fear nothing would be done about it. Guess what–there is a new sheriff in town. The Fire Chief did the right thing.

I am thankful to the person who reported it. And I believe most people are as well including other firemen. While the others should not have been driving, the rest were not on duty and reported to work under the influence. Firemen expect their back to be covered by someone who is in shape to do so–Lindsey was not in shape and late for duty by being AWOL.

• Ward2Regrets

February 11, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Yes, I have seen the report. 5 witness statements, all from people who have openly displayed contempt for Mr. Lindsey. Of the 5 statements 3 of them are completely contradictory of one another. You said the next step is the merit commission. “Let us do their job and let us see what they say”. I hope that you are not implying that you are a member of that commission because it seems like you have already decided on a guilty verdict and a termination punishment. And you, admittedly, have not yet seen the report.

• JoeBiden Reply

February 11, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Ward,can you post these reports that you claim to have seen?

• thankful Reply

February 11, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Thank you very much for your comment. Whether Mr. Lindsey was right or wrong, he has worked his whole life and deserves better than this. He is a good man.

• ImaDemocrat Reply

February 11, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Yes he is.

8. Crash Larue Reply

February 11, 2012 at 1:15 pm

The more we “see” Ms. Mosby, the more we “know” Ms. Mosby.

9. karla jones Reply

February 11, 2012 at 2:49 pm

im sorry that im a democrat

• Henry Reply

February 11, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I’m sorry Missy Mosby is

• ImaDemocrat Reply

February 11, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Me too, Henry.

• noitall Reply

February 12, 2012 at 11:24 am

Me too!

• Bootsie Reply

February 12, 2012 at 1:37 am

Technically she isn’t-She supported Winnecke for Mayor, remember? And she ran squealing to him when she got upsetted by that mean old fireman!
        Her next few years on council are going to be mighty uncomfortable (with those tire treads on her from where all of her buds threw her under the bus)
        Why WAS a consultant wining & dining all of the council rubes?
        I love ya, CCO-all of this has been going on for years, and no one ever exposed it-these people have gotten so used to crookery that they haven’t the sense to be discreet! Here you come, and those blessed Moles!
        Al Lindsey made a mistake, he knew he went with murkey people-I hope he doesn’t pay with his career.

10. Pressanykey Reply

February 11, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Did the free spending “consultant” forget the gratuity, or did Curt cover that?

It would be hard to overstate how W R O N G this little get together was from an ethical standpoint. I suggest that all of the recipients of the freebies who are council members reimburse the “consultant” immediately.

Then, at your next council meeting, form an ethics committee to be co chaired by one person from each political party. People that committee with volunteers from Evansville who have some “experience” with ethics in government.

__

• Pressanykey Reply

February 11, 2012 at 5:29 pm

BTW, Curt might want to add this to the Monday night specials:

PAINKILLER

recipe:

2 oz Pusser’s® dark rum
      1 oz cream of coconut
      4 oz pineapple juice
      1 oz orange juice

Shake or stir ingredients, and pour over ice in a tall glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top, and serve.

__

• waitamin Reply

February 11, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Curt wasn’t there. Maybe consultant paid tip with cash.

• JoeBiden Reply

February 11, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Press, what was this unknown Indy “consultant” talking about with all of these elected Demo officials for almost 3 hours over lots of booze that he paid for? Is he in any way involved in a project the City is considering paying for? Seems like there is a much deeper story here than Mr. Linsey’s dumb foray in to a Mosby/Watts bar for a few “Dews”.

11. PurduePete Reply

February 12, 2012 at 11:18 am

Has it every been established who all was present during the infamous “Demo Drama” at the MainGate? The receipt says 8 at table “Beauty” but Riley and Robinson said they paid for their own drinks.

12. beerguy Reply

February 12, 2012 at 1:59 pm

CCO: no one has accused your news blog of tampering with the receipt. Theory is that it was tampered with before CCO got its mitts on it. The way to put this all to bed is to also obtain receipts for: 1) the receipt for Al Lindsey, he claims he paid $ 7.00 cash for “Mountain Dews”. Let’s see it; 2) SBR submitted a copy of something from her bank showing a debit card transaction of $ 25.xx. Wonderful, let’s see a copy of the bill, not the payment for the bill; and 3) We’ve all seen the bill which accompanies this story. Let’s see the credit card receipt–properly redacted–that shows the payment for this frivolity by the Indy consultant. I trust his drinks were also on the tab ?

13. T-Bone Reply

February 12, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Talk bunch about a bunch of drunks! That is almost 6 drinks per person.
    Wow!!!! I can’t believe it.

• phew Reply

February 15, 2012 at 11:13 pm

i wonder if the person, contractor or engineer, that bought the drinks got the contract ??

• JoeBiden Reply

February 16, 2012 at 6:51 am

This Indianapolis contractor/consultant is a very important part of this whole sorry saga. Who is he, why was he there and why did he pay for all of their booze? Surely Mr. Danks will have him subpoenaed for the hearing and the truth may come out then.

14. Bootsie Reply

February 16, 2012 at 7:07 am

good question. If the others don’t want to get busted for violating the sunshine law, ixnay on the contract-ay.